How to Impress a Man
Men are easier to impress than women, right? Sometimes.
- Remember that men like women with confidence. If you like who you are, they'll like who you are.
- Practice being independent. It takes a lot of the pressure off of men to know they don't have to take care of you.
- Don't play dumb. If that's what it takes to impress a certain man, do you really want him?
- Dress well. Wear whatever you have on with your own style. Guys like those black seamed stockings and flashy high heels, sure, but you'll be more fun if you're comfortable.
- Don't worry if you don't look like a supermodel. After all, you don't demand that the men in your life all look like movie stars, right? There are more important things. Give guys credit for knowing that.
- Be engaging. A woman who is sitting with a bunch of men is intriguing. Those guys are sitting with her for a reason. Other men will want to know what it is.
- Notice what a man is wearing and compliment him. Men often go to a lot of trouble to look good, but rarely get as many compliments as women do.
- Don't drink too much. Your inhibitions will be lowered and you might say or do things you wouldn't normally do.
- Be appreciative. Say thanks when it's appropriate. Smile when you say it. It means a lot.
- Ask the man about his work, his hobbies, his interests. Listen carefully and ask questions.
- Find out what he's interested in. If you can hold your own in a discussion on baseball, stock cars or fishing, you're in.
- Be relaxed and easy to get along with. The more comfortable you are, the more comfortable the people around you are. You might not be the only one who's nervous.
While you're busy impressing your man, don't forget to take the time to make sure he's worth impressing. It's a two-way street - you should both impress each other.
|Tips from eHow Users:
|Dress classy, but modestly by David R.
As a guy, I speak from personal knowledge, and from the testimony of every single guy I've ever asked about this issue. Women are much more attractive when they dress modestly than when they dress like prostitutes--at least if you want any kind of lasting attraction. There is just something pleasant and relaxing about seeing a girl who looks good and who doesn't have to depend on exposing herself in order to look good in the process. Classy modesty is beautiful. To quote one author: "Men aren't faithful to hookers, so why would you dress like one?" A point well taken, I hope.
|Be true to yourself by eHow Friend
Fact- You will not attract every guy.
Truth- but you will attract the one that is for you, if you stay true to who you are. If there is one thing that I have learned, it is that you cannot change who you are to fit someone else. When you do this you might lose out on a really great attribute that you have. Just because the wrong guy does not like something about you does not mean that the right guy won't. And trust me, that is just what he is the right man if he accepts you for who you are, even the things that can exasperate him. He will learn to tolerate because he understands that this is apart of you. And if he is really real and he feels that something that you do bothers him he will tell you in a respectable manner, but will not judge or hold if over your head. He will both understand and cherish your differences. From experience I know what it is like to hide an attribute about yourself because someone else was to insecure to handle it. Don't let someone else's insecurities drive you. Be true to yourself. Always.
|Flowers! For me? Jessie
Surprise him. Bring him flowers or candy on the first date, instead of always expecting to receive them. Men like special gifts, too.
|Always smile Heather Dawn B.
When you're with that one guy, always smile when he looks at you. It lets him know that what he's saying is interesting and that you enjoy his presence.
|Think of him as a friend eHow Friend
If you think of a guy as a friend, the tension will just rub off.
|Don't ask for much ATRELLIA S.
If you constantly ask for gifts and other things, he will think you're a golddigger. It's better to wait and see if he likes you enough to buy you something. (It feels good to be surprised.)
|Touch him Stacy
Guys like it when girls occasionally touch their arm every once in a while during a conversation. It gets their feeling sensation moving.
|Cover up markita P.
Dress conservative but sexy on the first date.
|Hang with his guys Michelle
A guy likes a girl that can hang out with his friends. Just be yourself around them and they'll like you for the same reasons your guy does.
|The truth Trace
The truth is, if you have to read an E-How on how to impress a man, then you're not a good lover in the first place.
|Joke around A Little Woman
Joke with your partner or share your jokes with him or her. You'll brighten up his or her day.
Don't be to brief and don't talk too much. Too brief, he cannot understand you perfectly. Too much, you will overwhelm him. And remember a sweet smile all the time.
|Smiley eHow Friend
Have an open and honest smile. I've found that they think you're really easy to talk to, confident, sexy and a lot of fun! It works.
|Be one of the guys Carissa
Guys love girls who will act like one of the guys. Play around with him like the guys do.
|Acknowledge your crush's presence Hayley
A little hello or hi when you see your crush will go a long way. It will tell them that you want to get to know them better and they'll know who you are. As time progresses you'll have longer conversations as you will know each other better.
|Don't suffocate him Renee
Don't try to be around your guy ALL THE TIME! It makes a guy feel suffocated. Not good. If you're too possessive, he'll get scared away.
|Your ex eHow Friend
Never mention your ex to him or anything about your love life. Men hate it when they are compared to other men.